The Discussion Room Season 1 Episode 2: Creating the Sex Education WE NEED with KIMBRITIVE
Ms. Reid shares ninety minutes of laughter with Brittany & Kimberly co-founders of KIMBRITIVE a sexual wellness space. They tell her the personal experiences & systematic short-comings that led them to develop & create inclusive, comprehensive, trauma-informed sexual education workshops. Sharing why using brown vulvas & anatomically accurate tools in their workshops matters, educating her on reproductive rights, the truth about abortions, minor’s rights, statistics on sexual assault and so much more.
You Can Expect to Learn:
- Why your doctor may not be the best resource for sexual education. [37 min mark]
- Statistics across communities about abortions including who gets them and who funds them. [32 min mark]
- How long internal condoms can be inserted
- HIPPA v Insurance Disclosures [42min mark]
- The role family dynamics plays into the type of sexual education you get at home
- How to make sexual education age appropriate at different grade levels
Be sure to subscribe to The Discussion Room podcast on your favorite streaming platform. The Discussion Room podcast is hosted on anchor.fm, & can also be found on Google, iHeart, Spotify, Pocket Casts and many others. If you listen on Apple, please, rate, review & share the show! This episode can also be watched on our YouTube channel.
You can find all of our episodes on daaamndaddy.com/podcast & you can follow the show on IG @thediscussionroompodcast. You can also send Me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or concerns. Thank You for listening.